The building of the museum was the barracks P.F. Calvi, and before that the barracks of the hospital and the Convent of St. Agnese. It was built in the XVIII° C. by the architect Paolo Pozzo on the area of the gardens and the cloister of the Augustinian moncks (XV C.), suppressed by the Austrians. The monastery, connected with the memories of the native Blessed Giovanni Bono, was visited more than once by the Emperor Charles V°. Partly demolished it was included into a Barracks. After the destruction of the II W.W. and different plans, it was rebuilt in 1954. After some restoration works, on the first floor, we can visit the Museum named after the bishop Francesco Gonzaga; the museum was founded in 1983. The first core of works is represented by the treasures of the Cathedral and the Palatine Church of St. Barbara, later several works coming from all the diocese joined the first group, in order to be preserved.. Many donations increased the number of the objects, among which is a collection of ancient and modern enamels.
For detailed information enters in the official web: